What is a Gus Sha?
The face scraping technique is based on an ancient healing technique called Gua Sha. Used in facial treatments this stone helps promote lymphatic drainage, which helps to eliminate bloating caused by interstitial fluid. This is fluid trapped under your skin that needs to be released to your lymph system.
The Six Benefits of a Gua Sha:
1. Stimulates Circulation: The massage of the face gets the blood flowing and helps stimulate circulation and get that complexion to naturally glow.
2. Helps produce Collagen: The gua sha can help decrease puffiness and soften fine lines and wrinkles by helping the body produce more collagen—thereby brightening the complexion.
3. Decreases Inflammation:The Gua Sha has been found to help relieve pain and tightness in areas like the neck and shoulders, studies show that it also helps reduce inflammation.
4. Reduces dark circles: By helping soften fine lines and stimulating collagen, the gua sha can help temporarily reduce dark circles and tighten the skin.
5. Sculpts the face: Used on the jawline and cheekbone area, the gua sha can help release tight facial muscles and give the temporary appearance of a more sculpted face.
6. Smooths out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: The gua she because it firms, lifts and brightens the complexion.
How To Gua she At Home:
Step 1: Apply a quality facial mist or serum to clean skin. Using a facial mist hydrates your skin and primes it for optimal absorption of beauty products, while a facial serum gives your skin a bit of slip that allows your gua sha tool to glide effortlessly across your skin. This product combination can also help to prevent any rashes or irritation on your skin when performing a facial gua sha massage.
Step 2: Hold the gua sha tool at a 15 to 30 degree angle and gently scrape along skin, using light to medium pressure to stimulate the movement of lymph.
Step 3: Move in upward motions along the neck, jaw, cheek bones, under eye area and forehead. Finish by gently gliding your gua sha tool downwards towards the base of the neck to allow lymph to drain into collecting ducts, where your body’s wastes can enter the bloodstream to be eliminated from your body.
Shop the Lumi Glo Gua Sha