Self care is just one of those things that is a must in life. If there is one thing you can do for yourself each and every week is some self care time. Its so hard juggling work, kids and life and most of the time people forget to just have some me time that is uninterrupted.
What Self Care?
Having a self-care routine has been clinically proven to reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression, reduce stress, improve concentration, minimize frustration and anger, increase happiness, improve energy, and more. I found that doing more self care each and every day I felt calmer and ready to get on with my day. I could do more tasks without freaking out and spinning in circles.
Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem. Also, self-care is necessary to remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important too.
While a little dose of stress is a healthy way to give us a nudge that we need to meet the deadlines or finish that overdue task, constant stress and anxiety can have an adverse effect on your mental and physical health. Smart self-care habits like eating healthy, connecting with a loved one or practicing meditation cuts down the toxic effects of stress by improving your mood and boosting your energy and confidence levels.
Life is a precious gift. So why waste it when we have the choice to have a more meaningful existence? It's a hard lesson I learnt during lock down. Verging on adrenal burn out, not sleeping and constantly stressing made me more sick.
Eating right, doing some exercise, taking in the nature around you makes such a difference. Getting sleep and now binging on TV and staring at your phone before you go to bed.
Here are some simple self care tips :
1. Get your body moving. If you are not a fan of exercise try things like pilates, yoga or barre body. Even if it's for 20 mins a day you will feel so much better for achieving something.
2. Meditate each morning before you start your day. You can start with 5 minutes and work your way up or listen to guided meditation if that's easier.
3. Take a break when you need to. Go outside and get some fresh air. Take a 10 minute walk and even listen to guided meditation then.
4. Spend time with positive people who lift you up. Negative energy is even more stressful.
5. Laugh each day by either listening to something funny or call up a friend who you know cracks you up.
6. Get your greens into your body for lazy people like me. I go get a green juice rather than making my own.
7. Start journaling will help you each day. Write down your stresses, celebrate your wins, what you need to get done before you go to sleep or even journal about what your dream day would look like. Gretting things down on paper really helps.
8. Learn to say no to people.
9. Don't over think it and second guess yourself. if it feels right do it.
10. Choose a day in the week to have an evening to yourself. Have a bath, listen to some music and just breathe. You can have an extended beauty routine and get that Lumi Glo sheet mask you keep saying you have no time for.
Start today and be consistent. It won’t take long before you begin to see the difference!
Shop our self care set to get your self care set here which includes a journal, self care checklist, a gua sha and a mask of your choice.